Exercise really IS the best medicine! We all know that regular exercise training is vital to good health, but The Academy of Medical Royal Colleges released a report that puts some hard numbers to just how beneficial regular activity is for your body and your health. Physical activity is a major prevention tool against a wide range of diseases.
Health Benefits of Exercise
Here are some of the health benefit statistics of regular exercise:
- 30% lower chance of death overall
- 25% – 50% reduction in pain from osteoarthritis
- 90% improvement in self-esteem and well-being
- 57% lower rate of prostate cancer
- Major reduction of blood pressure
- 50% – 80% reduced chance of developing Type 2 Diabetes
- 50% reduction in falls among older adults
- 45% lower rate of colon cancer
Exercise and Personal Training
Treat your body well! A personal trainer will help you stay accountable to your regular exercise goals. You’ll learn how to work out correctly and effectively. You’ll have fun! Fitness needs to be a regular part of your life, and it doesn’t have to be scary or awful.