Power plate Nashville Vibration Platform
Osteoporosis Prevention – Bone Density Improvements
With Whole Body Vibration
We use powerplate vibration technology to prevent or reverse osteoporosis and increase bone density. We combine 5-10 minute sessions on the whole-body vibration platforms with scientific nutrition counseling and exercise training to produce superior results in bone density improvements.
What is whole-body vibration training?
Whole body vibration exercise (WBV) is an easy, painless way to get greater bone density improvements (and other improvements) from your exercise program. You perform standard exercises on (or sometimes even just stand or lie upon) a small power plate platform that gently vibrates 3-5 millimeters in all directions at a speed of 30 to 40 times per second.
What can vibration training do for me?
The research on vibration training is very promising, and has shown to have the following effects:
- Increase bone mineral density
- Increase neuromuscular activity to increase strength and power
- Improve flexibility
- Decrease pain
- Lower cortisol (stress hormone) production
Who should do vibration training?
- Anyone who is concerned about osteoporosis, osteopenia, or bone density.
- Patients with neurological conditions like Parkinson’s or Multiple Sclerosis.
- Athletes who would like to increase explosive power and vertical jump.
- Older golfers and tennis players who want to improve flexibility and decrease stiffness and pain.
What do you do on the platform?
Primarily strength and flexibility exercises. Any exercises or stretches you would normally do while lying on an exercise mat or standing on the floor can be done on the vibration platforms. You don’t have to know what to do — your personal trainer will design an exercise plan that is appropriate for you.
Where do I go for vibration training?
Power plate Nashville – The facility we use that has whole body vibration platforms is in the Green Hills/Vanderbilt area. You can call (615) 442-7700 for expert assistance with your bone density exercise and nutrition program.