Here’s the most powerful way to maximize your fitness and weight loss results:
Combine the RIGHT kind of exercise with the RIGHT kind of nutrition plan.
What’s the right kind of exercise to get in shape and lose weight?
Strength training with weights gives you the maximum results for your time and effort. Strength training will give you all the benefits of heart-healthy cardiovascular exercise, plus a host of additional benefits:
- Tone and strengthen your muscles
- Increase your metabolism
- Improve your posture
- Improve your flexibility and range of motion
- Give you better balance and coordination
- You’ll have a stronger and more functional body
- Better physical performance (sports and activities of daily living)
- Increase your bone density (prevent osteoporosis)
Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with cardiovascular exercise, but if you’re ONLY doing cardio (jogging, treadmill, elliptical, cycling, etc) then you’re missing out on most of the potential benefits of an exercise program!
What’s the right kind of nutrition plan?
We are what we eat, there’s no doubt about that. The best kind of nutrition system is not a “diet” – it’s a system of clean nutrition that involves real food and healthy dietary practices. We’ll teach you what to eat, how to make smart choices, and how to put together an effective nutrition plan that gives you some room for your favorite foods.
What doesn’t work: Temporary plans, even good ones. Creating SUSTAINABLE healthy habits is essential to long-term success. If you don’t change what’s “normal” for you, then whenever you stop whatever program or diet you’re on, you’ll go right back to what you used to do. That’s how you got in trouble in the first place! This is why diets have failed you over and over again.
The right kind of nutrition plan for weight loss is not a “meal plan”, it’s a system that improves what you usually do.
It teaches you HOW to eat, not WHAT to eat for the next 21 days.
It sorts out what’s important out of all the nutrition “noise” you find on the internet and in the media.
It gets you into the mindset of being PURPOSEFUL about your food decisions, instead of REACTIVE stress eating or mindless habits.
You build new habits, so you change what’s normal for you. You’re never on a “diet” that you eventually “go off.”
The Bottom Line
To get the most out of your fitness and nutrition efforts:
- Your workouts should include a strong proportion of weight training.
- Your nutrition plan needs to have a strong emphasis on changing habits, and include teaching you the “big picture” concepts of lifelong healthy nutrition. You might lose weight on a temporary diet, but if you don’t change what’s normal for you, you’ll gain it all back.
Right now we’re offering a 5-week Shape-Up Package that includes the RIGHT kind of exercise and the RIGHT kind of nutrition, so you can get maximum results. Here’s what’s involved:
- Three 45-60 minute workouts each week (5 weeks) with a personal trainer and a workout buddy. The two of you will get the right kind of exercise to maximize your results! You can bring in your own workout partner, or we can find one for you.
- 5 weeks of Nutrition Counseling. You’ll get done-for-you menus, lessons about avoiding stress eating, accountability tools, planning sheets, and – most importantly – ways to create healthy habits for lifelong nutrition!